Monday, March 22, 2010

Why "column right"?

F. Ellsworth Lockwood

Hi. I am F. Ellworth Lockwood. Prior to the elections I received so many bad, unfounded, confused, fearful, angry email forwards that I started replying to a few of them. Once the elections were over I had hoped the flow would slow down somewhat, but I see that with every new issued there is another deluge, which gave me the idea of collecting examples of typical grassroots conservative, uh ... "thought" (for lack of an accurate, politely descriptive word).

What is amazing to me is that people swallow this stuff, hook, line and sinker. Certain elements are striving to work up the religious right into a frenzy of fear and anger. From the popularity of the forwards, it appears they have been doing a good job of it.

On most of these forwards I will add a small note or two of my own. Some of them I will have reacted to/commented on  more extensively at the blog: http://felsletters.blogspot.com/

OK, if you want to pollute your mind, this is the place to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment